For full details about your trip including getting to Monashee Powder, travel tips, and more, download and view our updated Guest Info Booklet. Please also see:
We recommend travel insurance provided through Lifestyle Financial Services. Get the full value from your trip by protecting you and your guests. To get started click on the logo to the left.
Traveling to Monashee Powder:
- Our return bus service from the Kelowna International Airport is available for guests by request for $65.00+tax per person, contact us to make your reservation. The bus will leave the airport by noon on the day before the first day of skiing. Group discounts are available for 10 or more guests. If your flight has been delayed please contact us as before boarding your flight, 1-866-678-SNOW (7669).
- If you are not taking the bus from the airport, we meet at The River Ridge Golf Course in Cherryville at 2:00pm on the afternoon prior to your trip dates. (It is approximately a 1 1/4 hour drive from the Kelowna Airport or 45 minutes from Vernon.) The Golf Course will be open for our guests at noon. The Golf Course dining room prepares great home-cooked meals, provides Wi-Fi, a TV and has a liquor license.
Map & directions
- If you are going to be late please contact The River Ridge Golf Course directly at 250-547-9660 and leave a message for the Monashee Powder bus driver.
Access To The Lodge:
- Please park your vehicle in the parking area across from the golf course once you have loaded your luggage onto the bus. You will need gloves, a warm jacket and snow boots on the bus as you will transfer your luggage to the snowcat.
- The bus will leave the golf course at 2 pm for the trailhead, a 63 kilometer trip.
- At the trailhead, luggage is transferred from the bus to our snowcats and then we travel the final 12 kilometers to the lodge, which takes approximately one hour.
Booking The MPS Bus For An Airport Pick-Up and Drop-Off:
- The cost for the MPS bus service is $65.00+tax per person return and bookings
must be made ahead of time. The bus won't be at the airport unless it has been requested.
- The MPS bus will be picking guests up at the Kelowna airport by noon on the day before the start of their holiday.
- Guests will be returned to the airport by 7:15 pm on the last day of their trip allowing enough time to catch flights after 8:10 pm to Vancouver, Calgary or Toronto out of Kelowna. Please note that flights are subject to change by both Air Canada and Westjet; check the availability for evening flights prior to booking with Monashee Powder. Also note that Westjet flights from Kelowna to Calgary may not show up online, however they are available on Sunday and Thursday evenings. Call Westjet to make your booking if you cannot do so online.
- The bus also meets the rest of the incoming guests at 2 pm at the River Ridge Golf Course in Cherryville. Delayed guests will have to contact us at the lodge on the VIOP phone: 1-604-629-9810 to work out the best logistics for getting up the mountain.
- A group rate for the bus is available for groups of 10 or more.
Safety Briefing and Waiver Signing:
We've found that we can give you even more skiing on the first day of your trip if we do the safety briefing the evening before your first ski day. However, we can only do this if the group has not been drinking alcohol. As it is your holiday, you may certainly drink alcohol and do the safety briefing in the morning if your group has decided they would rather do that.
More safety information
Snow Conditions at MPS
Monashee Powder Snowcats' terrain is located on the western edge of the Monashee Mountains. This is the first rise in elevation after the Coast Mountains. As a result, we receive over 60 feet of dry, champagne powder each year, which makes our skiing absolutely magnificent. The air temperature varies between -5° to -15° Celsius. Sometimes in December and January the temperatures will fall to -20° to -30° Celsius for a few days, please bring appropriate ski clothes for all conditions.
Please accept the fact that we cannot control the weather and that no refunds or rain checks are given for bad weather.
Back to the top